Do you know how to brand corporate document templates? Are you aware that corporation documents branding can be applied in minutes or even seconds? If not, read on about the fast & easy alignment of your corporation documents with brand guidelines and visual identity like a document logo: the importance of branding, tools, and branding tips.
Why is branding important?
Corporate document templates are a tedious but necessary component of running a successful business, especially in the IT sphere. Documenting everything that goes on inside a company helps when you have to reference it in the future. One may observe that often an operation that is not documented goes wrong because of a lack of reference to each step of the process. Indeed, process documentation is a great way to ensure that each step of your business operation is carried out according to plan. For this reason, it’s effective to create SOPs, runbooks, knowledge bases, and so on. Why is branding important? In this case, the importance of branding lies in its alignment with other corporation documents branding which defines belongingness to a particular company, department, etc.
Why is branding important in IT corporate document templates? That’s because in IT companies knowledge is transferred not only among staff members but also to the users.
Branding your documents gives it a visual identity that is unique to your company or product. By applying corporation documents branding, you are demonstrating to a user the official reliable source of a document. Moreover, following your brand guidelines in software documentation engages readers’ attention and promotes your product, services, and/or company since it makes your brand or document logo recognizable.
So, why is branding important? There are three main reasons:
- Corporate document templates
- Visual identity
- Brand promotion
Below, you can find a guide on how to brand corporate document templates and how to brand them in minutes or even seconds owing to simple yet professional tools and universal branding tips.
How to brand corporate document templates
Step 1. Create a document layout using corporate document templates
Templates can provide you with a skeleton for your corporation documents branding. The layout can include a document logo, company details, brand palette, table of contents, predefined text labels, blocks, parts, etc. It will give you an opportunity to save immense amounts of time as you won’t have to format each document from scratch – just export it using an appropriate template. To create such a template, you’ll need about 5-20 minutes depending on the complexity of your template and then just several seconds to apply a corresponding template to your new documents – but it’s possible only with StepShot Guides, unique software for creating screenshot-based documentation. You can also do it with a word processor like Microsoft Office Word, but you’ll spend much more time on creating process documents in this case. On the whole, a layout for corporate document templates:
- Reduces time taken for completing the documentation. Having to turn back every time to make changes or reference information is time-consuming. To make sure your documentation procedure goes smoothly, consider using special-purpose tools.
- Allows you to use ready-made but editable templates for all documents. You don’t need to think of the layout, format, or structure of each document. Still, you can edit templates if needed.
- Makes the document presentable. The documentation is meant for smooth business operations, but it may also need to be sent over or presented in front of executives or users. The document should look like the property of your company in such circumstances. Going back and editing your documentation to make it professional is again a waste of time. The templates will demonstrate the professionalism even before your documentation is ready.
How to brand corporate document templates with StepShot Guides
StepShot Guides makes the process of corporation documents branding much easier and faster and saves up to 90% of your time. This tool will help you align your corporate documents with the brand guidelines owing to the following features:
- Variables set predefined text labels which are used to brand corporate document templates. Using variables, you can input company info and contacts, date and version of a document, logo, author name, and so on. To put it differently, you can save any repetitive info required for your corporation documents branding and use it whenever needed just by clicking a few buttons.
You can see and read how to use variables here.
- Template editor will be helpful for you if you are wondering how to brand your documentation with the company document logo, images, colors, fonts, etc. It will give your corporate documents a visual identity promoting your brand. Available formats: PDF, Word, HTML, WordPress, PowerPoint.
Read and see here how to brand your PDF templates.
- Image editor can help you get brand images included in your documents. It’s useful if corporation documents branding requires, for example, watermarks on the images provided. Similarly, it’s extremely useful in annotating screenshots – with a built-in image editor you can highlight a region, add arrows, lines, different shapes, sequence numbers, etc. according to your brand guidelines and color palette.
Open this link to learn how to brand your images using image editor.
- Table of Contents in StepShot Guides is generated automatically on the basis of headings in your process documentation. To choose which elements will be displayed in the table of contents and format it, just edit a table of contents in the template you plan to apply.
Click here to discover how to add and edit a table of contents.
Step 2. Store all current processes and documentation in an inventory
Develop a process inventory that incorporates all of the significant processes of the company. This will give you a basic structure on what you have to gather detailed information on. A successful inventory will categorize the processes into a demonstrative table that gives out the active status of the process.
Your inventory’s contents must be organized with your business in mind. What are the essential details that must be brought up when categorizing each process? Having to turn back every time to make changes or reference information is time-consuming. Departments? Deadlines? Who manages them? Identify the information that you need and categorize accordingly. You can use StepShot Cloud for crafting your inventory as it offers a space for all your documents and related files. The importance of branding the document, in this case, is crucial, as it will add a touch of personalization to the document and promote your brand. Using StepShot Cloud, you can share your files not only with colleagues but also with customers. We recommend creating an inventory with the following data for each corporation documents branding:
- Process name. A unique name that is easily identifiable, so you don’t have to rely on the rest of the categories to recognize it. This will give your brand a clear visual identity. So, make sure you have proper brand guidelines for the same.
- Department. Which department does this process belong to?
- Management. A useful category if you wish to know who oversees the department for queries regarding its processes.
- Deadlines. Not all processes need them, but a deadline is a great way to increase and observe productivity.
- Documentation status. Is this process fully documented? Or when was the last update on its status? This helps identify where to work next.
- Validation status. Validation is the part where you regularly make sure the data provided in the document is accurate and up-to-date.
Step 3. Collect and input data according to the documentation status of each process
This step is where you receive all the information. It frequently happens that the process you need to document requires some data from your colleagues. Your team can provide you with the data on the processes but there are many ways of collecting data accurately. Asking the right questions and following the right procedure will give you detailed, accurate information without wasting time. Typically, using a form/questionnaire that employees have to fill in is an excellent way to discover what information each particular person owns. Before distributing the questionnaire which will contain the bulk of your documentation data, it will be good to support the visual identity of your company. Your employees will be more responsive and engaged if the questionnaire includes a document logo, the company name, etc.
To guarantee the integrity of the information you receive, you should seek to gain multiple inputs on the same process. Asking a set of questions to different employees that work in the same process will give you an idea of how it works. This also lets you understand how work time is distributed or if there are any process gaps. Most employees are unaware of the seriousness of documentation so they procrastinate with the form. So, put a deadline on when employees must fill in the form, so you don’t face any delay with the documentation.
Step 4. Document Branding
So you’ve collected all the necessary data for your documentation, and now you’re going to update the information on it. You can make a PDF document containing all the information, but this is a document that you will have to reference in official meetings and conferences. You do not want to show off a plain document with loads of information. The importance of branding often goes over the heads of small or moderate businesses. Brand everything that is yours because you own it and others see it. If you’re making an impression, you have to make it lasting. Put your company name on your document so that when the rest of the room sees it, they’ll know you’ve put in the work.
You can use StepShot Guides to create organized corporate document templates that allow maximum customization when you need to update them. There are also many templates available in PDF, Word, HTML, WordPress, and PowerPoint formats. The process of corporation documents branding in StepShot Guides looks like this:
- Brand your screenshots or other images using an image editor.
- Insert headings – they will be represented in the table of contents.
- Create or edit a set of variables to save all needed textual data you repetitively use in your corporate document templates.
- Customize a template – choose/import a template in the format you need for the export, preview and edit the template if needed, and export your document branded.
Corporation documents branding tips
We believe you already know the answers to the questions like, ‘Why is branding important?’ and ‘How to brand corporate document templates?’ Now, let’s find out a few useful branding tips. Assuming you’re using a comprehensive tool for documentation called StepShot Guides, we have several branding tips that can help you improve your documents by leaps and bounds.
- Choose professional templates. Templates offer consistent alignment with your brand guidelines. Do not forget to add the necessary information like your document logo, the company name, address, contact details, etc. in designated locations. Customize the alignment and positioning of each element and make sure the template corresponds to your branding strategy. This will mean you save tonnes of time on editing each document separately.
- Brand images. To prevent unauthorized copying of your images by others, brand your images with a watermark and simply adhere to the existing brand guidelines to make the images match your documents.
- Edit once – export eight. You don’t have to convert your documents to a different format and update the information each time. Just create and edit a document and save it to as many formats as you want including SSG (special StepShot Guides format intended for further document editing in this app), images, video, Word, PDF, PowerPoint, HTML, and WordPress.
- Think of repetitive data. Use a set of variables to save the time you spend on typing the same text again and again – like company info and contacts, date, document version, etc.
- Share everywhere. StepShot Cloud will be an immense help when it comes not only to storing but also sharing the documents online and embedding them into your site, help center, knowledge base, and so on.
I hope this article has been useful for you and now you know how to brand your corporate document templates in a breeze and understand the importance of branding. If you’re still not sure if you need StepShot Guides for corporation document branding, just try its functionality for free – download the app or sign up below.