You already know that effective task delegation saves you time and makes you more productive. What if we said task delegation could make you even more productive and save you tons of time? How? Easily! Just use task delegation software to get more done automatically!
In our previous article, we discussed How to Delegate Work. We uncovered some hands-on tips for a more effective delegation from our founder and CEO Sasha Reminnyi. So, today’s blog post will discuss some smart delegation software that will help you learn how to delegate wisely. If you are feeling stuck at work and overwhelmed by the number of tasks that need to be done right here and right now – read these two articles. It is high time for you to master the art of delegation, and tap into the best delegation software on the market.
John C. Maxwell once wrote in his book, Developing the Leaders Around You, that one should learn to delegate to do great things because no single person can make a successful business alone. It’s true, delegating is about empowering others. Another problem is that many people think that they know how to delegate tasks when, in fact, they don’t. Former London Business School professor, John Hunt, noted that only 30% of managers think they can delegate well, and of those, only one in three is considered a good delegator by their subordinates. This means only about one manager in ten really knows how to empower others. Sounds frightening, right? That’s why you need to master task delegation. To become a pro in this skill, follow the best practices and use helpful tools to make task delegation fast and easy like never before.
Top-Rated Task Delegation Tools Getting the Job Done
To deliver the best work on time, there should be tried and tested methods for project tracking, note keeping, and reminders. One of the most common ways of coping with delegating tasks is to automate this process. With the help of new delegation software, that can take your business to a new level.
Kantree is a new project management tool that combines both Scrum and Kanban methodologies with emphasis on a visual approach to project planning and execution. There are few things that place Kantree alongside well-established tools such as Jira and Trello. These are real-time collaboration, editable table view, and ready to use workflows.
Kantree offers two pricing models:
- A simple cloud plan costs $7.00/month/user
- An enterprise plan starts at $1800/ year/10 users and can be as a cloud or on-premise solution
Plus, this software provides a 30-day free trial, so you can get a feel for the software before you pay for it.
How it helps task delegation
With Kantree, you can:
- leave comments on cards and mention users to bring them into the discussion
- be notified of changes and comments on cards
- be notified by email, reply to comments directly by email, and create cards by email
- track progress per group or across the whole project
- create detailed reports in a few clicks to know the velocity of your team, story points consumption through time, etc.
StepShot Guides can save you up to 90% of the time spent on instructing employees about the task you delegate to them. Suppose you need to create a guide explaining to your coworker how to use the software or how to do Internet research. All you have to do is to launch StepShot Guides and then go through your procedure as usual – StepShot Guides will automatically record all your steps and create a guide. The guide will include a screenshot of each step with highlighted click areas and step descriptions of your actions.
StepShot offers a 14-day trial period for a PRO version and the following pricing plan:
- StepShot Guides Basic starting at $9.90 per month
- StepShot Guides PRO starting at $39 per month
- Freemium with some limitations
How it helps delegation
With StepShot Guides, you can:
- reduce time spent on task delegation: automatically create a guide, edit it, and share with your teammates (soon on Cloud)
- automatically take screenshots and step descriptions, upload them to the tool and annotate them right there
- export your instructions as PDF and Word files, as well as to video, images, HTML, and WordPress
- create video tutorials with the possibility of auto-narration as simple as a Word document
- align your guides with corporate branding
Zapier is a powerful web-based platform that is designed to connect various apps through their APIs, to automate workflows easily. With Zapier, you can delegate part of your routine work to the system, which will automate whatever tasks you do with your web applications. By creating a Zap, you can define an action and set it up to be repeated when certain triggers happen. Moreover, you can choose from a range of Zaps created by the community of Zapier users. For instance, if you are using Trello, you can create Trello cards from new Gmail emails. All you need to do is to mark an email with a specific label, and Zapier will automatically create cards in Trello for you when you apply the label, which you have chosen, to an email thread in Gmail.
Zapier provides three pricing models:
- For Work – starting at $20 per month
- For Teams – starting at $250 per month
How it helps delegation
With Zapier, you can:
- create connections between over 300 applications
- pass info between your apps with workflows called Zaps
- manage multiple accounts from one dashboard
- create tasks automatically and assign people to them
- track task history
Zoom is a cloud video conferencing platform ranked by Gartner Peer Insights as a Top Rated Meeting Solution. Offering quality video, audio, and screen-sharing capabilities, Zoom improves communication among teams, remote employees, and participants, as they are able to start and join a meeting instantly with just one touch of their mobile devices or browsers.
Zoom has flexible pricing plans:
- Pro – $14.99/month/host
- Business – $19.99/month/host
- Enterprise – $19.99/month/host
- Basic – free
How it helps delegation
With Zoom, you can:
- create groups and instantly send text, image, or audio files to members of these groups
- share files, which users will be able to annotate further or co-annotate, adding their own notes and comments to documents
- screen share from your desktop or mobile device
- record your meetings to the cloud with auto-generated transcripts
- delegate a user, or multiple users, in your account to schedule meetings on your behalf
Ryver is a seamless team communication tool that lets you turn your conversations into trackable tasks. It is the best web-based solution that provides all of your team communications in one place: chats, posts, and files. Ryver is a mix between Slack and Trello.
Ryver offers flat-rate pricing. It is free for your first 6 team members. For more than 6 users, you need to pay just $99/month.
How it helps delegation
With Ryver, you can:
- assign tasks to people, attach deadlines and track progress
- create conversations in different forms depending on your purpose
- create a task board for every Private Team and Open Forum
- add detailed checklists to each task
- get your own personal task board that only you can see
- have live voice-to-voice conversations with your colleagues
It’s tempting to try and manage everything on your own. However, this is a recipe for burnout. One of the most effective ways of overcoming this problem is to learn how to delegate your work among employees and departments with the help of powerful task delegation software. In fact, task delegation is a skill that anyone can master. If you manage to do it well, you will quickly build a strong and successful team of workers.